BROWN RICE PENNE alla SORRENTINA
Whether you're already familiar with brown rice pasta or it's a new ingredient for you, you'll love this tried and tested recipe that makes it delicious and easy to make. This recipe is for 2 servings, however it is easily expanded to the required number of servings. To do this, simply increase the number of ingredients in accordance with the number of guests.
Ingredients to cook
600 g of ripe tomatoes or 1 can of diced tomatoes
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
½ cup green olives
½ cup fresh basil
300 g brown rice penne
2 tsp. fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
100g of grated parmesan cheese or 150g Mozzarella - additionally
Instructions to cook
1. Open the can of Ceres Organic Chopped Tomato, which are already cut and canned in a BPA FREE can. Or slice fresh tomatoes in quarters, then use the tip of your knife to remove seeds. Discard seeds and accumulated juices; dice.
2. Transfer tomatoes to a large serving dish. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, ﬁnely chopped garlic, fresh basil leaves and 4 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well. Let marinate for 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Bring 3 liters of water to a rolling boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt, if desired, and cook penne according to the cooking instructions on the box.
4. Add the olives, pitted and chopped, to the tomato mixture and stir well.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the tomato-olive mixture, mixing well with a large serving spoon.
6. Additionally, sprinkle the parmesan or Mozzarella on top of the pasta and continue to stir well. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.